Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Remove Underline from Link Text 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

playacofi

Technical User
Jun 3, 2009
US
I use GoLive 5.0 - still works great and suits my capabilities.

However, I cannot figure out how to remove the underline from the text of a link (as one of my clients has requested) and have the text continue to function as a link.

Can anyone suggest how to accomplish this?

The easiest way is using CSS.

If your already using CSS simply add the following to your css definitions:
p { text-decoration: none; }

and none of your links will have underlines.

Are you trying to remove ALL link underlines, only those from a certain area of the website or only from one link?

Can you post a link to the page where your doing this?

The pages I am working on are temporarily posted at
I would like to remove the underlines from the links posted in the header and footer of each page, but not from all other links.

I am not using CSS - just GoLive 5.0. Any chance I can achieve the results without upgrading my software?

Looks like you got it figured out. I highly recommend you learn CSS. Right now your pages are full of font tags. The power and flexibility CSS gives you to easily change your site is empowering.

Thanks for the tip. It took some canoodling, but I got it to work. You can see the results at
For your reference, here is the method I used to eliminate underlines on link text for an entire page in GoLive 5.0:

In Layout click the CSS icon at the right of the header - on the resultant Style Sheet, right click and select "Add Selector" - Choose "a" - In the CSS Selector Inspector window, select the "F" Tab and select "none" in the Decoration menu - Preview and save the Page.

Thanks Again

Lee Vyborny
tropicalglen.com and CountryRoutes.net

The power of CSS goes way beyond that. For example, instead of adding that CSS selector to every page you can put the selector in a seperate file then link each page to that css file. This way if you want to change the properties of the selector you only have to change one file in stead of every page.

You can also make the selector affect only parts of your pages. For example a selector of ".nav a" could only effect links inside a NAVigation area if you wrap your nav links in a tag with a class="nav" property.

I'm REALLY bad at explaining this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back