Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Remove the cursor

Status
Not open for further replies.

macky

Programmer
May 22, 2001
GB
I have a pop up form in one of my databases that has one field on it that counts the entries on a table that fit a pre-defined criteria. When this form is opened the field shows the total but has a flashing cursor and the background is black with white numbers, it does the job it supposed to but its not proffesional to leave it like this.

Can anybody help
In advance "Thanks"

Hi,
When the form opens, set the focus to some other control, say the form itself. I suppose you can change the fore color and back color to something that you feel are more appropriate.

Tell me what happens.

Thanks for your prompt reply BUT,
how would I set the focus to the form, could you explain.
Thanks

One question - is the text box to be editable. If not, you can set Enabled to False and Locked to True. This preserves the colours of the text box but does not place a cursor in it.

If you DO want it to be editable, then the setfocus method is the only way round it. This has the syntax Form1.SetFocus. Are there any other controls on the form that could have the focus, e.g. a button. If so, then use the syntax Button1.SetFocus. Have fun! :eek:)

Alex Middleton

Hi Macky,
I trust Alex Middleton's reply has put all your doubts to rest. Let us know if something else is to be done.

Thanks Alex, it worked a treat, makes it look more professional, the illusion go's on, cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back