Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Remove table ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tjonessi

Programmer
Jul 9, 2007
US
I have CR XI and I am connected to db using ODBC with no problem. I created a file with one table, saved it then when I refreshed the screen, it gives me message saying "The database table <table> cannot be found. Proceed to remove this table from the report?" I click No button and I see the result and result is correct. No matter how many times nor which reports, I always get this except when I create new files. how do I get rid of this message so I don't have to keep hitting No everytime?

TIA,
Tina

Need more information....

What type of database are we using?

How are you creating the table? Are they always the same fields but different data?

-lw

We use SQLBase engine for Visual Manufacturing db, which the tables are already in there.

We use same ODBC, DSN name to call up the table.field in CR then save it. When refreshing that is when we run into problem. The other pc, do not give this error message, so I am assuming somewhere in CR, the setting needs to be changed, but I can't figure it out. The ODBC setup is the same on both machines, so I know it isn't ODBC ( I would think. )

TIA,
Tina

That didn't work. I saved it and it still keep asking me whether to remove table or not. Any other suggestions to try?

Thx.
Tina

Have you found a solution to this yet? I was having the same issues and I think I've solved it for myself.

I'm using Crystal Reports XI to connect to the SQL database for our AR System server. What I did to fix it was to go into the ODBC Data Source Administrator in the Control Panel, click the Configure button for the Data Source I'm trying to use (mine happened to be on the User DSN tab), and put a checkmark in the Use Underscores field.

I haven't seen the message since.

I am having this same problem and cannot get rid of the error in Crystal 10. I am getting ready to upgrade to Crystal 2008 and the report runs fine there. Unfortunately the users are on hold for the upgrade indefinitely. Any other ideas?

Iam also using crystal XI and ARSystem

Iam having the same problem with some reports but didn't pay attention to it much since somebody else created them and i just opened them for testing.

I did the samething clicked " no " and everything is fine.

For me the "use underscores" is already checked.
do we have to check the "replace . in objects names " as well.

I have to pay attention when it happens again.

If anybody knows anything abouot this issue please help.

Thank You

I just came across this error again using Crystal Report XI against NetezzaSQL - I've previously had it against MSSQL as well.

Finally figured out how to cure it!

In the CR XI application go to the Report Options on the File Menu and uncheck "Verify on First Refresh" option, save the report. All done, no more message!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back