Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Remove Spaces

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kreiss

Programmer
Oct 8, 2003
US
I have a string in a text file....
R99999999999 0

I want to remove the spaces between the last 9 and the zero so it looks like this: R999999999990. I tried using "Trim", but no luck. Any advice?

Do While Not ts.AtEndOfStream

s = ts.ReadLine
autECLSession.autECLPS.SendKeys "DLN/"+s+".PM1."
autECLSession.autECLPS.SendKeys"[Enter]"

Loop

Hello Kreiss,

replace("R9999999 0"," ","")

regards - tsuji

Further note:

Of course the function return a string, you have to assign it to a variable---that's what I meant
s=replace("R9999999 0"," ","")

- tsuji

Ok, Thanks...Howabout if there were three spaces between....
R99999999999 0

The snippet tsuji gaves you replace ALL spaces by empty string.

Hope This Help, PH.
Want to get great answers to your Tek-Tips questions? Have a look at FAQ219-2884

Ok, I guess whats between the 9 and the zero is actual a tab. I looked at the text file and brought it into word and this is what I saw. Notice the graphic indicating its a tab between the two. How do I "Replace" the tab with ""?

R99999999999->0

Thanks in advance,
Kacy

I've got it figured out. I goahead and save it as a comma delimitted file rather than just copying the data over into a textfile. It works.

Thanks for everyone's help.

kacy

Anyway, in VBS a tab character may be addressed with vbTab or Chr(9)

Hope This Help, PH.
Want to get great answers to your Tek-Tips questions? Have a look at FAQ219-2884

Thanks...Good to know about the vbTab.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back