Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

remove SAN LUN from MSCS 2003 R2 Cluster

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dougieoz

MIS
Aug 11, 2005
GB
Hi Guys,
i have a two node mscs 2003 R2 cluster which i need to remove a couple of volumes presented from an EMC SAN. Does anyone know the procedure or have a link to documentation on how to do this?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks
Dougie

It's pretty easy. Remove the LUNs from the cluster using the cluster manager. Then remove them from the storage group on the EMC array.

If any services are dependent on the storage you'll need to remove that dependency first which will require taking the service offline in Windows 2003.

Denny
MCSA (2003) / MCDBA (SQL 2000)
MCTS (SQL 2005 / SQL 2005 BI / SQL 2008 DBA / SQL 2008 DBD / SQL 2008 BI / MWSS 3.0: Configuration / MOSS 2007: Configuration)
MCITP (SQL 2005 DBA / SQL 2008 DBA / SQL 2005 DBD / SQL 2008 DBD / SQL 2005 BI / SQL 2008 BI)
MCM (SQL 2008)
MVP

My Blog

excellent thanks Denny. I always like it when a reply starts with Its pretty easy :)

Thanks
Dougie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back