Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Remove from skillset (Scripting)

Status
Not open for further replies.

KenVegas

Technical User
Jan 28, 2004
US
Hey I was curious if anyone could give a tip on how to setup a script so that if a call was queued to skillset and wanted to be removed from skillset and return to a menu they could press a key?

Any Ideas?

Thanks

Ken
Las Vegas, NV

e.g.
OPEN VOICE SESSION ACCESS_DN
PLAY PROMPT VOICE SEGMENT RETURN_TO_MENUX
COLLECT 1 DIGITS INTO RETURN_MENU_CHOICE
INTER DIGIT TIMER 3
END VOICE SESSION

IF RETURN_MENU_CHOICE = 1 THEN EXECUTE MENU_SECTION END IF

Where RETURN_TO_MENUX is a voice segment, RETURN_MENU_CHOICE is a Call variable (DN) and MENU_SECTION is a section in the script

Do you have to have secondary IVR or does Symposium's basic IVR functions allow for this?

You need to configure access ports in Symposium in order to use the OPEN VOICE SESSION commands.

symposium basic ivr ports only allow you to use GIVE IVR commands.

To handle this via the basic IVR functions of Symposium (so without the Access ports) it is more difficult:

GIVE IVR MAIL_DN WITH TREATMENT 123456
Where MAIL_DN is a global DN variable which is the prompt maintenance one)

In MerMail you should setup a Voice menu with ID 123456
Fill in the options you would like to have, as action assign CL and for the calling number a new CDN (Of course also point the Voice Menu 123456 in the Voice Service DN Table to the correct entry)

This CDN should be aquired in Symposium and be routed to the same script as it came from.

The insert a section which allows this CDN to skip the welcome message.

The disadvantage is of course that this requires many CDN's, but it works.

Ok I have both IVR and ACCESS built, so I can script in this fashion and get what I'm looking for.

Sounds good. Thanks for the tip!

Ken
Las Vegas, NV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back