Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Remove files from novell directory using unix

Status
Not open for further replies.

bharned

Programmer
Jul 15, 2002
US
I am using an FTP Script and sending files to a shared directory on a network. How can I delete where files are less than a certain date. for example when the files are sent they are saved with
wk4cst110.lis.1201 (1201 being monthday)

I want to delete where the wk4cst110.lis.1201 is less than
say wk4cst110.lis.1101......
they directory may have many file with the monthday extension in it

Not very easily.

Maybe you should just del wk4cst110.lis.* before uploading the new file?

Is there not a way to do this automatically on your Novell server? Annihilannic.

No there is now way that I know of to do this automatically without doing it myself..This will run weekly and I do not want the directory to fill up...

Isn't Novell just sit on top of DOS or Windows? If so you can use the DOS "at" command or the Windows scheduler. I'm sure there is a freeware product out there somewhere too. Look around the internet.

Alternatively "ftp" has a "delete" command. So you could generate your FTP script on the SCO side to delete the files if you know what their names are (you probably can't use wildcards in FTP's "delete").

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back