Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

remove employees from squirrel TIPS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anabrew

Technical User
Jul 29, 2003
US
how do you remove old employees from squirrel tips and labour

For Squirrel Classic (DOS Based)

This must be done after you close the payroll period and BEFORE you start Point of Sale for the next day -- go into labour, employee setup, find the employee and press F4 twice to delete the employee

Then you go into System Configuration and find the employee and press F4 twice to delete the employee.

It's very important that you do this after you close the payroll period and BEFORE you start pos for the next day.

For SquirrelONE (SQL/Windows Based)

Go into Labour>employee job information and remove all the jobs assigned to the employee.
Then go into employee setup and remove the badge information, then delete the employee by clicking on the X in the toolbar (delete).

Keep in mind that you cannot delete an employee if you have transactions for this employee within the current payroll period -- you would have to wait until you close the payroll period.

In regards to tips -- there is no area within tips, as I am aware, to delete employees -- they are linked via labour - so when you delete them there, they are no longer part of tips....

I hope this helps!

I am using squirrel classic V3.50.36, deleted emps from labour and config after closing the labour period (and year) and before starting the pos for the day. then started pos for the day and went to update labour and got missing employees, still can't get rid of them.

once i filled in "misssing" info ie. job and rate, for the deleted employeees, they only show in labour not config

Yes, you are correct -- if they appear in labour then just give them a job & a rate and you can continue on.

Is it possible that after you deleted these employees in labour after the EOP in payroll and before you started POS for the next day that somebody had restored labour to a previous week to correct something? It is not possible to restore a labour backup once this done without these employees returning.

To my knowledge, you can delete the employees from config at any time. Perhaps try to delete the employees from config at the EOP in payroll -- then after the next EOP in payroll and before you start POS for the next day you remove them from labour -- I've seen this work for some reason.

Failing that - you can contact squirrel and have them edit the employee master file for you, removing the specific employees. I've had this had to be done as well.

the old employees are gone from config and labour, but still show up in the tips allocation report. do you know the name of the employees master file for editing??

thanks for all of the help

I believe the employees will not stop appearing on the Tip Allocation report until you perform a EOP. This would make sense, because even if you generate the allocation report for current period versus to date, employees that don't even work that period appear with blank $ values.

I believe the master employee file is in squirrel\labour directory and is called empmast.dat I do not believe you can edit it because it requires a special file that formats it to be viewable, but I could be wrong. There is no file that contains employee information within the squirrel\tips directory that I can see.

sorry I couldn't be much help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back