Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Remove/Disable Language Bar

Status
Not open for further replies.

efiftythree

IS-IT--Management
Jan 13, 2006
US
I'm nearly at my wits end. There must be a way to automatically disable, remove, or simply not install the Language Bar that shows up on the task bar.

The only thing I have been able to find anywhere on the net is how to do it manually (uncheck the boxes). I also found a little reg hack that removes some of the buttons from the Language Bar but does not remove it completely from the task bar.

This batch file removes all but the "help" icon from the task bar, but does not turn the language bar OFF.

Code:
@echo off
setlocal
call :quiet>nul 2>&1
endlocal
goto :EOF
:quiet
REG ADD "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\CTF" /V "Disable Thread Input Manager" /T REG_DWORD /F /D 1
REG ADD "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\CTF\LangBar" /V ExtraIconsOnMinimized /T REG_DWORD /F /D 0
REG ADD "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\CTF\LangBar" /V ShowStatus /T REG_DWORD /F /D 2
REG ADD "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\CTF\MSUTB" /V ShowDeskBand /T REG_DWORD /F /D 1

HELP! PLEASE! I would like to be able to turn it off with a GPO or with an MST... any ideas?

Thanks Tony, but, I've seen that page a couple times and unfortunatly its no help.

I did find a reg hack that will remove the service and the bar.

Code:
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[-HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{540D8A8B-1C3F-4E32-8132-530F6A502090}]
@="Language bar"
"MenuTextPUI"="@%SystemRoot%\\System32\\msutb.dll,-325"

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer]
"NoSaveSettings"=dword:00000000

Again, thanks for taking the time to reply Tony. :)

Sorry it didn't help and thanks for posting the reg fix.

I use the language bar so I've never tried to switch it off - does this blog page help any? It looks simple.

Enjoy,
Tony

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We want to help you; help us to do it by reading this: Before you ask a question.
Excel VBA Training and more Help at VBAExpress[

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back