Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Remove Delete Inhibit on mass folders

Status
Not open for further replies.

drakkar

MIS
Apr 4, 2002
US
I have a lot of home directories (students that have graduated). For what ever reason, someone set the delete inhibit right on them. I would like to remove the directories as they are no longer needed. How can I go about removing the delete inhibit right from all of the folders, without doing them each one at a time.

Thanks,
Chris

I think you can use FLAG from the command line, do it recursively. I'm not sure the syntax, but I believe it will remove those attributes. Flag should be in SYS:pUBLIC, but i'm not sure if it's still included on newer Netware versions.

Marvin Huffaker, MCNE

I figured it out. Needed to open Windows Explorer, drill down to the top directory on the left, select all directories on the right, right click, choose properties, then Netware Info and uncheck Delete Inhibit.

Thanks Marv, I'll check using the Flag as well for future use.

Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back