Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Remove Caller ID from ACD Queue

Status
Not open for further replies.

tekygirl

MIS
Apr 21, 2005
US
I need to know how you remove caller-id from an acd queue. We had an extension that we disabled and created a new one. Before it would come up with another number with caller-id, now it comes up with the correct number. I want to remove that or give it some other number to display when we are calling back users.

What do I need to do!!!!

Do you have a number next to the DN?
Does your key look like this?
KEY 00 ACD 322250 0 3234900
if you have that little 0 or another 1 or two digit number next to the DN then you can use CLID to manipulate what you are sending out

First print what you have in 21 to see if you can use something that is there already.
>ld 21
REQ PRT
TYPE CLID
size (just enter)
Range (just enter here too)
(something like this should print if you have data already there)
ENTRY 2
HNTN 219 (this will be your area code)
ESA_HLCL 2212345 (this is the number you will send to 911)
ESA_INHN YES
ESA_APDN NO (send the ext number too?)
HLCL 3911989 (this is what you will send out to the world)
DIDN NO (Send the ext number too?)
HLOC
LSC

LD 15
chg
net
return to
CLID yes
retury to
ENTRY
type a new entry number and enter the data that applies

I would have to take a look and see what the DN brings up. So are you saying if it looks like what you described, then I would be able to perform this function, or will I still be able to do this? Thanks.

I think so... Check it out and if your having trouble post a print of the some of the keys here. Do some of your phones work ok and others don't? Print some TNs and do the old stare and compare.

Thanks, as I was checking I received an error overlay conflict. I've never seen this before. Does this mean that someone else is in the system?

If you are calling back the user and using your DN key, you will need to print you TN and see what the key has. If it has "KEY 2 SCR 1234 D", it will send out the information on KEY 0. I.e;CLID has NPA 201, NXX 555, and KEY 0 6925 0 2244, The call will show up as 201-555-6925, not 201-555-1234. To have 201-555-1234 display, you will need to change "KEY 2 SCR 1234 0".

Note: If you are a callcenter, you CAN NOT block or send nothing out for your CLID. The FCC, in June 2003, issued an notice that Call Centers must send a Valid CLID. The number must a working call back number.

Here is what comes up. The new extension that was created was 4985. When I bring up the TN information it has these queue associated with it as well as the TN that tie into.

1860 4 1 5 13
4 1 6 13
4 1 4 9
4 1 18 14

Now, when I look up these TN's I don't see anything by KEY 2. Now I did notice AGN underneath the KEY 00 with the queue 1860, etc.

Could that be something?

Could you past in your Key 0 and the Key that has your DN on it. We need to see what you have programed.

Unfortunately, I can't there is a phone guy working on our system, I was just trying to figure it out. He's opted out my phone so therefore I can't see. I'll get back to you.

the "dummy" entry is in the clid table, on my system if i enter, at the prompt key scr 4940 5, my system sends my did, if i change the 5 to a 4, it sends a number that can not be reached. 3 is used for a 1800 number etc... your system must have clid tables for other numbers, if you just do a echg on your set, put key 0 back in with something else past the dn (other then 0, the default) the number displayed on the far end will change.. have someone print you a copy of that table. i like to call my boss and ask him where my 1st job was, i missed the turn, only i call from a area code 4 states away... fix the clid table and call him back in 10 minutes... management is as fun as a peting zoo

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back