Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Remove all historical data for specific fiscal year 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

WalterHeisenberg

Technical User
Mar 28, 2008
Hello,

The powers that be have decided we need to remove all data prior to 2007 from Accpac. Now, using periodic processing I can see what is available to clear for each module but they want absolutely no trace of the data to remain in Accpac and I am not sure if this can be done or if any third party software exists to do this. For example, we had previously cleared all G/L posting journals and deleted and posted batches from 2006 but using Account History Inquiry you can still see all the monthly activity for any g/l account and drill all the way down to the journal entry itself. They would like that gone. Does anyone know if this can be done without manually deleting rows from the database?

We are using 5.6 PU2. Thanks for your time.

GL Setup
Options
Posting
Keep x years of history
GL Periodic Processing
Period End Maintenance
Delete Transaction Detail History
Delete Fiscal Set History

Thanks Tuba. I completely forgot the number of years to keep was part of the G/L Setup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back