Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Remove all color from a file for printing

Status
Not open for further replies.

chiefl

Technical User
May 19, 2002
US
I would like to have a document with color to use on a web site, and be able to send it to my printer with all color removed and the images in gray scale.
I send an ID package to the printer along with a PDF file. About half of the time he has problems with the ripping the PDF file and makes changes to the ID file and converts that to PDF to get everything to work. I would like to send him all gray scale and have the PDF color document for the web site.
I would appreciate any help or ideas.
Chief L

Marcus,
Very good! I printed to the Adobe PDF printer, selected composite gray, and the color from my document is gone. My next step is to send the document to the printer to see what happens with his rip. It will be about a week or so before I complete the newsletter, I am as usual waiting for overdue inputs, and sent to the printer. I will let you know how it works out from his end.
Again, thanks for the help.
Chief L

The printer did not like my file so I came up with a work around that does the job. I packaged the file for the printer and then used IrfanView to convert all of the images to gray scale without changing the file names. I then open the packaged ID document, refresh all of the links and the printer had no problems and I have a color document, the original, on the web site.
Jim

The Printer said that when he ripped the file the layout would change. The next time I send him a job I will send him a file printed as grayscale and ask him for some details about the problems he is experiencing.
Chief L.

Yes I would love to know more.
Because I don't think sending something as Grayscale would change the layout at all. It's probably more to do with the printer having an old RIP.

If I was you I would only be sending them PDFs, That way it's cheaper for you, and you know they should be any problems.

Marcus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back