Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Remotely forward all calls

Status
Not open for further replies.

nnaarrnn

IS-IT--Management
Nov 27, 2012
US
Hello all. I need some assistance with an issue I'm having trouble figuring out the best way to handle.

IPO 9.0.12 at the two sites in question. Awaiting a quote for v11 upgrades for all 5 sites in the SCN.....

My question:
One site may not open on any particular day, and we're needing a way to trigger forwarding from the main site for a single HG/extension. A button on certain phones would be ideal, but I'm open to any ideas.

Currently, the remote site has an AA and Time Profiles setup, and if that can remain in tact and our magical button-to-be can forward one HG or extension, that would be ideal.

I thought about a NIGHTMODE button or something at the remote site they can press every evening when they leave, but having the ability to turn that on and off from a remote site when they inevitably forget would be awesome.

My brain's kind of mush right now from dealing with a ransomware issue at a friend's place, and the fog is crippling my creativity on this one.

Thanks in advance for any guidance.

Since they are in SCN, just have the main site log into the remote sites hunt group that is answering incoming calls.

Thanks for the suggestion.

I might have to just setup hot desking for that user, and change entire call flows at the main site. I need the voicemail to follow, and I've had 100% failure rate of adding individual extension voicemail access to other extensions.

I suppose the other option would be to create HG for the one extension (front desk), and have them login to it when they're at the main site AND allow access to that HG voicemail from wherever she's going to be sitting.

That's what I was talking about. I always set the inbound to a hunt group even if it's just one user answering it. That way, if others need to cover they can log into it and take those calls.

Location A: set a short code to set the desired hunt group out of service or night mode. ex *77
Location B: Set a short code to dial that short code at location A over the scn line. ex, *77/dial/*77/SCN_Outgoing_lineGrp
Set a speed dial button on the desired phone with that code *77.

Repeat the same steps to set a hunt group back in service.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back