Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Remotely controlled IP phone

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluejays

Technical User
Dec 25, 2004
CA
Hi, there.
I want to remotely manage my 7960 IP phone so I can pratise while I am on the road. I can PCanywhere to my home site, but Is there any way to manager the IP phone remotely? I saw a website called proctorlabs.com, they clains that they can use a remote control system(web page to manager all the devices). I am not interest in managing routers and servers, but I am very interested in managing the IP phones.

Does anyone know any devices or any technology will allow you to do that?

Thanks a lot

Are you wanting to control the phone itself or be able to answer the line? If you want to control the physical phone the autoattendant would work. If you just want to answer the phone line the IP Communicator with VPN back to the network would be best.

You can also manage the phone with the CCMuser page if all you want to do is to change the CFWD options.

I want to have some sort of console control of IP phone. I guess it is not feasible. The situation is like this, I have some phone connected to the switch, and I'm away from home. I can get them registered to the CCM, but how can I test it if some feature like Extension Mobility or hung-group works?

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back