Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

REMOTELY BUSY AND RELEASE A STATION?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barbara Tucker

IS-IT--Management
May 17, 2017
US
Does anyone know of a way to busy and release a station remotely?
Thank you!

You'll need access to the system (SMGR or ASA)regardless of location. That's dependent on how your network allows for remote connectivity. If you're looking for non Avaya ways to have the phone busy/release.. if they phone is powered by a network switch port, bouncing the inline power of that port would force the phone to reboot.

Thanks wpetilli!! Actually, what I'm looking for is a way for the call center to log out a remote user when their internet gets stuck and they keep getting calls. if it's during business hours we busy and relation the station and that does it. But after hours or weekends I don't want to be called for this. Thanks!!!

Are the remote users that are taking the calls logging in with Agent IDs? You can set up a feature access code to grant the ability to remotely log out an agent and lock down that functionality to specific CORs.

Under "Call Center Features", there's the "Remote Logout of Agent Access Code" feature.

With that set up, anyone with the access will be able to dial the FAC, followed by the Agent ID to remotely log the Agent out e.g. [*01][77345].

thank you Deaftone! We actually have that feature as well, but I need to remotely busy/release the station.

Well, see first answer then.

"Trying is the first step to failure..." - Homer

Yep, Barbara told you what you needed both times.
I suspect you are not fully describing the problem.

a true remote busy and release " tell the user to pull the plug or allow craft menu access so they can reboot from the phone menu"

ACSS (UC/SBCE/SM/SME)

Not that they mean a thing anymore , get a brain dump pass the test crash the system.

Thank you ALL for your responses.

Let me see if I can explain further. I have remote users who do not have hard phones and when they lose their internet connection Avaya continues to deliver calls to them as they think they are available. It takes a while for the keep-alive to finally show the agent is not available. In the mean time, we would like to quit delivering calls to them and the only way we see how to do that is busy and release the station. Unfortunately sometimes is after business hours and we would like to give the Supervisor the ability to busy and release their station by using a feature code or a dial-in number (like we have for logging out an agent). Does anyone know of a feature code or dial-in number that will do this without having access to the System manager/Session Manager or CM? Thank you.

Command: busy station xxxx
Command: release station xxxx
Command: busy port CCsspp
Command: release port CCsspp

These are SAT commands for Communication Manager. They cannot be replicated with feature-access codes.

A great teacher, does not provide answers, but methods to teach others "How and where to find the answers"

bsh

40 years Bell, AT&T, Lucent, Avaya
Tier 3 for 30 years and counting
[URL unfurl="true"]http://bshtele.com[/url]

Thank you AvayaTier3!!! however, the users I'm trying to give access to does not have access to the CM to do SAT commands. I was looking for a remote busy/rel station by either a feature access code *37 or dialing a DID and entering a security code and being able to activate the command like I do for remote log out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back