Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Remotely activate an AA greeting 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

tjk78

Programmer
Mar 21, 2007
US
I have a customer that would like to have 4 or 5 prerecorded messages that can be changed remotely over the phone. All greetings will have the same Callflow so all they need to do is change what the active greeting is from a list.

I'd like to do this thru a menu that basically says to activate the main greeting press 1, the holiday greeting press 2, the inclimate weather greeting press 3 etc etc.

All it needs to do is change the wav file that plays in me MainAA module.

Many ways to do this really, but the slickest would be something like this:

Make 5 prompts, "Greeting1.wav", "Greeting2.wav", "Greeting3.wav", etc (NB: Names must be identical, except for the numbers ofc)
Make a User Variable "grt" and set it to 1 (in Server Queues> User Variables)

In your AA Menu: Prompts> put in "Greeting$REG[grt].wav"

To control this, make an AA Menu to set the User Variable "grt", I'd go for a 5 choice menu, connecting all to one single Set User Variable-action, using the $KEY for value.

Kind regards

Gunnar

2cnvimggcac8ua2fg.jpg

Gunnaro, that worked great!! I'm definitely going to put that in my book of tricks in case I ever get this request again.

Very simple to do the way you explained it. Great post.

Thanks

Cool!

Thanks for the star!

Kind regards

Gunnar

2cnvimggcac8ua2fg.jpg

Ohhh, I left out a minor detail, wrote it by memory [smile]

In case the VMPro is administrated by less talented (end users?), they may accidentally delete the User Variable, or for some reason it gets reset to blank or zero:

Make two more prompts, Greeting.wav and Greeting0.wav (or whatever name you chose for the other)

The first prompt will play if the variable is deleted from the system, the other if there is a reset to zero.
Record a default message for both of them.

That's it! Now it's watertight [pipe]

Kind regards

Gunnar

2cnvimggcac8ua2fg.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back