Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

RemoteBoot service

Status
Not open for further replies.

BryanF

Programmer
Nov 21, 2001
US
With Novell I could set up a Boot Partition on the server and have network cards find it and load the partition over the network. I've found a couple of articles on the microsoft website that refer to the RemoteBoot service, but will not tell me how to set it up. I see the RIS service, but i want to boot and operate on a win3.11 OS over the network. Has anyone ever done this?..or have a clue about how to set it up?

You need to use the Microsoft Client 3.0

I will repost with a very good web site for setting it up tomorrow (I don't have the URL with me at the moment) New Zealand, a great place to live.
tokala@orcon.net.nz

thank you very much!!!... the help is greatly appreciated.

you know... i hate when people leave out crucial information when i'm helping them, and i just realized that i did that very thing. I'm looking to set this up on a windows 2000 domain. Sorry about that. Hope your site still works for the 2000 setup.

The MC Client 3.0 is not the best (its Microsoft) but it will connect thru File and Print Sharing to anything (Win9x, NT, Win2k, Samba).

The web site is
It is a very good site with easy to understand instructions and how to add extra (new) drivers etc (the MS Client 3.0 is very old).

Hope it helps
New Zealand, a great place to live.
tokala@orcon.net.nz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back