Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Remote writer problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuzieW

Programmer
Dec 17, 2002
GB
Hi all

Not sure if this is the right forum!

I've set up an iSeries outq which writes to a dot matrix via IP (jet direct).

The printer is an Epson FX1180+ - this was not available to me on configuring the outq, so I used a FX1170. It prints okay, but each line is preceded by >>>>>>. I've checked the program which sends the data, and it's not coming from there, so I'm thinking it must be happening either in the outq or in the printer itself.

I've googled, but can't find anything useful. Do I need to change the WSCST?

Advice gratefully received.

per the IBM knowledge base use the *EFX1170 definition

Looks like you might be using that already. If that doesn't work try *WSCSTCONT132. Other that that, it looks like you might be getting some experience in modding a WSCST

hth

Mike Butler
Iseries Guy -> PC's gone, SUNs gone - WooHoo
"Never put off 'til tomorrow what you should have done yesterday

Thanks Mike

It appeared that changing it to an EFX1170 *did* work (it was originally configured as an EPLQxxx?), it's just that the person checking the printout was looking at the print which had come out before I'd changed the outq!

Oops

So, I didn't have to change the WSCST after all...

Thanks again

Can you post the configuration you're using? We have a wide variety of printers we use but nothing specific to yours. Will help if I can.

allisond

As per my latest post, the problem is solved. The FX1170 was fine.

Thanks

Suzie

Sorry Suzie, new on this Forum. Must learn to read to the bottom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back