Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Remote worker one-way talk after hold 1

jh40

Technical User
Aug 8, 2024
US
We have been seeing an issue specifically with some of our SIP remote workers (hard phone - 9608 or J Series) where if they place a call on hold and then resume the call there will be one-way talk. It doesn't seem to happen all the time for these users, i'd say around 10 - 25% of the time. We have tried upgrading our phone firmware and troubleshooting the users home network (hard-wired ethernet connection to her home modem). We are a bit stumped and curious if you all have any thoughts or have seen similar issues

Thanks!
Jack

I've seen similar....
We had intermittent issues with this and it came down to a trunk group setting that allow/denies the hod message from being sent to the carrier (IIRC it set to allow by default). Some carriers will ignore the request but others may obey it. In effect, the caller gets held in 2 places! i'm not sure why the retrieve from hold fails, but ...

A tell tale will be what the far end hears - If they are getting your hold music & messages then this is probably not your solution. However if they are getting something that isn't what your normal hold treatment is....

Can you provide a trace? If you have softphones do they experience the issue? Tracesbc and list trace in CM are your friends. Get both with a good call and a bad call and compare line by line. For instance, are they using the same signaling group? NR? Ports? Is the reinvite?

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back