Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Remote Web Workplace not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

3Saturns

Vendor
Mar 13, 2007
US
I followed the instructions in SBS help to enable RWW. Since I have the website hosted by a third party, I try to access RWW using the IP address (xx.xxx.xxx.x/remote). I get the "Page cannot be displayed". Can someone point me in the right direction of what I need to check to resolve this? Thanks.

SMR

have u got the latest SP2 updates. try getting the newest updates and see if that works.

also

The first step to troubleshooting any problem related to RWW is to see whether the problem exists when RWW is accessed internally as well as externally. In other words, you need to see whether the problem lies at the Internet boundary or on the SBS server itself. If you can access the RWW feature from the internal network but not from across the Internet, you need to check the firewall configuration to see what network access is being allowed. If you suspect that the problem may be on the SBS server itself, your best bet is to rerun the CEICW and let it reset the default settings for RWW and the network configuration. If you suspect that an external firewall might be at fault, check to make sure that ports 443, 444, and 4125 are open and directed to the SBS server.

hope this helps :)

I opened all of the ports you listed on my router -- is there something I need to do on the server? I am using McAfee Total Protection for Small Business -- could this be affecting it? thanks.

try lowering the levels on the mcafee, or disabling it to see if u can connect that way!

I turned off the firewall, and I still can't connect

You must also allow access to Outlook Web Access, Windows SharePoint Services, and the Monitoring Services Web site if you want users to access these services from the Remote Web Workplace.

To open the Configure E-mail and Internet Connection Wizard, click Start and then click Server Management. In the console tree, click Internet and E-mail. In the details pane, click Connect to the Internet.

Users must type https:// to connect securely from their Web browser to the Web server. Connecting to the Remote Web Workplace from the Internet does not require users to create a virtual private network (VPN) connection

To enable new users to access the Remote Web Workplace

Open the Add User Wizard.

On the Template Selection page, select a template to apply to the user.

By default, all templates enable users to access the Remote Web Workplace.

To open the Add User Wizard, click Start, and then click Server Management. In the console tree, click Users. In the details pane, click Add a User.

To enable existing users to access the Remote Web Workplace

Open the Change User Permissions Wizard.

On the Template Selection page, select a template to apply to the user.

By default, all templates enable users to access the Remote Web Workplace.

hope this is start for u to work on :D

I have set up user permissions. RWW does still not work. I still get 'The Page Cannot be Displayed

From your home computer, try telneting to one of the ports that you opened up on the firewall. You could also use a tool like Angry IP Scanner to test to see if the ports are open. If it works internally, then it is most likely a problem with your router/firewall. I would also verify that your are using the correct external IP address.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back