Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Remote Voicemail Access

Status
Not open for further replies.

MISphone

Technical User
Dec 16, 2008
US
Hello,
I'm very new to the Call Pilot and we are trying to remotely access the voicemail box of a user. I call the Main number press ** enter the extension number and password. Once I enter the password I receive the following message: "This mailbox can not be accessed from an outside location. Please contact your administrator if you need assistance." Then the system hangs up.

I looked at the COS and didn't see anything that would restrict access. Where do I need to look to make the mailbox accessible from the outside?

Your assistance is greatly appreciated. Thank you!

No, this is an existing mailbox which was initialized already. We are trying to remotely change the greeting because the user is no longer with the company.

Can you check other mailboxes remotely?
If so make sure the C.O.S of the working box is same as the non working box.

If still does not work try changing the Interface from CP to NVM or vice versa.

If still an issue delete the mailbox, initialize it from inside then test.

What mailbox number is it?
I presume you enter # after the password, you didnt mention # in your first post.

=----(((((((((()----=
curlycord

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back