Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Remote views to sql 2000 not responding after a while

Status
Not open for further replies.

bruslx

IS-IT--Management
Jun 29, 2001
BE
Hi , my application use remote views located on a sql server 2000.

Application runs fine , but after a certain time (not a number of transactions) certain tables are not accessible anymore.
To make them active again , I have to stop and start the
SQL service on the SQL server.

Any idea ?

Please Help

Stephane

Does it have to do with the view or the SQL Server? If you try using a different connection to the database is it still available? Or if you go into SQL Server directly can you use the table?

There's a line you need to have in a program if you use a remote view:
Code:
=CURSORSETPROP('FetchSize',-1)
which someone around here, I think, gave me a while back if you don't want errors telling you your database is already being used. In the program I have for updating my tables, it's right after I've said "USE MyRemoteView in 0." Maybe this will help.

The table and database are still available via the SQL manager on the server , but not via the connection within VFP.

I will try to use another connection next time Im facing the problem...

The problem is occuring once or twice a day (10 users using the program for 20 hours/day)

Thanks for your feedback

Oops , sorry guys , when the remote view is not accessible anymore , the table isnt also , via the the SQL Enterprise manager !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back