Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

remote through adsl router to pc not server

Status
Not open for further replies.

EddieB1

Technical User
Sep 24, 2004
GB
Hi,
I am interested in getting some of our current VPN tunnels to look straight to a PC instead of using the real world IP address to see the router/firewall and be direct straight to the server. Normally we go straight through to a 2k or 2003 server from the remote access dial in, but what i want to know incase i ever get asked to do it, is, is there a way to bypass the server and go straight to a PC on the same Domain? I have already setup one client with VNC on their server so we can VNC to machines, and other clients use the 'offer remote assistance' function to XP Pro machine from the 2003 SBS server console. but i want to bypass even using these functions and get straight there.

Any help is appreciated.

Many thanks

Eddie

forgot to add the main point. Could anyone answer what the port is that can be setup on a router / firewall to push the connection through to a PC, similar to how email uses I.e port 25 allowed through, what would the port be to get through directed straight through toa PC, whereas we have used port 3389 to terminal service onto the server.

ta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back