Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Remote Text notification issue with integration

Status
Not open for further replies.

telepizza

Technical User
Sep 24, 2007
US
Option 81 Rls. 5.0 with Call Pilot 4.0 uses remote text notification. Integrated with IPC Alliance System via QSIG, added NMS to Call Pilot. Alliance users have Call Pilot mailboxes. Everything works correctly except the remote text notification when a call is transferred into Call Pilot from the Alliance system. Text message contains XFER and the Alliance set information instead of the calling party number. When a call is transferred from the Alliance to the Meridian the calling party number is retained so we beleive the Alliance is sending the information. Anyone experience Remote Text Notification issues with integration via QSIG to another phone system? How did you resolve the issue?

Remote Text Notification is a feature that sends an e-mail message to a subscriber that they have a new message.

What you are describing sounds like voice mail integration problems - Users are not being directed to the proper mailbox.

Can you post your QSig D-Channel config, and also the relevant parts of the Customer Data Block?

I am familiar with remote text notification. We have used the feature for the last year successfully with our Option 81. A month ago we installed an Alliance system and intergrated it with the Option 81 via QSIG. Alliance users have Call Pilot mailboxes. Voicemail messages for the Alliance users are being delivered to the correct mailbox. Remote text notification of VMs are being delivered to the correct email address. However, the body of the message has always contained the calling party information, even if the caller was transferred into VM via express messaging. For example, the text of the message from an external call will show:
You have a voice message from EXTERNAL [06] [5551212].
When an external caller is transfered into Call Pilot via Express Messaging, the text of the message is different:
You have a voice message from XFER - Test Turret [2984991]. Here's my DChannel:
ADAN DCH 50
CTYP MSDL
GRP 2
DNUM 9
PORT 1
DES LOOP_50
USR PRI
DCHL 50
OTBF 32
PARM RS422 DTE
DRAT 64KC
CLOK EXT
IFC ISGF
PINX_CUST 0
ISDN_MCNT 300
CLID OPT0
CO_TYPE STD
SIDE USR
CNEG 1
RLS ID 1
QCHID YES
RCAP COLP NDI CCBI CCNI PRI DV3I CTI QMWI
PR_TRIGS DIV 2 3
CNG 2 3
PR_RTN NO
MBGA NO
OVLR YES
DIDD 0
OVLS YES
OVLT 0
T310 120
T200 3
T203 10
N200 3
N201 260
K 7

The D-Channel looks good. I believe there are some options in the customer data block that have to do with network attendant service, and what numbers are passed along on a diverted call, you may need to adjust these values.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back