Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Remote Site 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caps007

Technical User
May 1, 2012
GB
Good evening folks,

we have a client who is looking to have an NS700 installed at Site A and have phones only at Site B. the sites will be connected via a VPN.

What is required to get this set up? Is this difficult to do on Panasonic?

Not hard at all, you will just need IP phones at remote site and create these on the Panasonic (add a virtual card)
Licenses and DSP card will also be required.
The DSP card is licensed for 4 IP phones out the box but you will need extra if you have more than 4.

Calum M
ACSS

is there a preferred router that we should use for the VPN? is there a set up guide to program a router for a voice VPN?

I usually use Draytek 2862's, they are solid, what do you mean by "Voice VPN"?

Calum M
ACSS

The NS700 doesn’t need a VPN if you use the media relay.

A few firewall rules on the site the system is on.

Draytek is a good router. Have a lot of them out there with no issues. I have a preference to use the media relay instead of the VPN

CMUK: what size dsp card would i need for 30 extensions and 7 SIP channels? also, by voice VPN i was thinking that there would be seperate VLANs for voice and data on a draytek at the remote site.

im not IT literate by any stretch of the imagination so maybe the infrastructure in my head isn't right.

OBTsystems: i'll need to look into the media relay, its not something ive ever used or been exposed to. The firewall is controlled by the converged Gamma router so i'd assume i'd need specific ports open?

also, have any of you used the Panasonic iOS softphone? again, its using a Gamma converged router so i'd need SIP username and password and SIP server ports (local and remote)?

Hello,
Firstly I'd get gamma to relax that firewall and give you a routed IP then get a Draytek 2862 and use that as your router into the cisco.
Every single time gamma have configured a cisco for me it's never been correct first or second time, additional to this I have had them randomly remove port forwards causing my customer to go down,
A DSP-S would sit well for your size.
In terms of your VLAN's, I mean it's up to you, I have lots of small customers with VPN's which pass voice with no VLANS.
Haven't used the IOS softphone unfortunately however if it's anything like other manufactures it will be a username and password with the public IP of the site unless you have a FQDN (unsure if it even supports that)

Calum M
ACSS

Hi Folks,

I have decided to use the Media Relay on the NS 700

System Property - Site has UDP Port No. for SIP Extension Server - 15060

I have forwarded the following ports and SIP ALG is disabled on Gamma SIP router and external office TP Link router

16000-16511 UDP to DSP IP
5060-5060 UDP to PBX IP
2727-2727 UDP to PBX IP
9300-9300 UDP to PBX IP
15060 - UDP to PBX IP

MRG_Settings_bslnzj.png

On the remote site the LAN is 192.168.0.1 and the local site is 192.168.1.1

the remote handset has the local site WAN as the PBX Primary ip address

is there any programming that i may be missing as i cant get a handset to register?

Have you restart the system after port settings

Port 15060 is for sip extension only. What phones are you using

If the system is on the latest firmware it shouldn’t let you save the media relay details with any port with 5060 in it. Ie 15060 25060 etc on the sip extension server. If you are using sip extensions on the media relay. You will need to do port translation from external port to internal on the system

If they are NT phones the ports look correct

Hi OBT, I have restarted the system but not the SIP router. i'll do both again.

I'm using KX-NT680 handsets.

The system is on 008.00055 which is the latest i think. It didn't like the 5060 or 35060 etc. I seen a similar screen shot on this forum so i put the 30000 in to be safe. I'm NOT using any SIP device.

Without sounding dumb, how do i do port translation from EXT to INT ports? I couldn't get a SIP device working on a mobile phone on a previous install - this is a first for me.

Hi.
I'm having a similar problem.

At our HQ, I have NS500 with a DSP-S card a static public IP Address.
Our branch have IP Phone model # KX-HDV130.
The phones shows registered but there's no audio on either side.

I have changed the following settings in the PBX Configuration :
Under Media relay :
NAT - External IP Address /FQDN - to my ISP Static IP
SIP Extension /UT Extension : NAT - SIP Proxy Server Port No : 49999 (Default was 0)

Under Port Number :
UDP port No.for Sip Extension Server : 49999 (Default was 5060)

https://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=79fbe65a-3ef5-4f97-bc58-4c7bbda01ff4&file=site.jpg
UDP port No.for Sip Extension Server : 49999 (Default was 5060)

should that not be 5060 or 15060

Hi Caps .

I don't think it matters.
I think it's more to do with UDP Ports 16000-16511

The nt phones don't use port 5060 or anything you change it too in that field

On the firewall you need to forward port 9300 as ND 2727 Udp to system IP

16000 to 16511 Udp to DSP IP

Hi Obt.
The pbx has got actual public IP address, so where would I forward the ports as there's no firewall.

I wouldn’t have a system on a public IP as you have no way of stopping someone hacking the system.

If you are leaving it on public IP I presume you wouldn’t use the media relay as it will write the headers as a nat.

I would strongly recommend putting a firewall on the system as the may not get a connection to the system but they could drown the system with requests and knock out the system

No, not in Ireland. Mostly use Virgin and a bit of Blueface

I believe gamma use non registration connections. Similar to Virgin?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back