Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Remote SIP Phones-E911

Status
Not open for further replies.

dignoffo

IS-IT--Management
Apr 22, 2009
US
I have battling a problem with remote SIP phones correctly sending out the correct telephone number (ELIN) for E911.

We are using the following:

Remote SIP phone on 9641G
Session Manager 6.3
Communication Mgr 6.3
Redsky E911 Manager 6.5.2
Remote SIP phones get their firware and 46XX settings from CM Utility server co-located with SBCE.
Remote SIP phones register thru an AT&T SIP trunk thru SBCE to HA Session Managers.
Redsky E911 Mgr is correctly sending ELIN to SIP phones in Session Managers.
Redksy has confirmed that ELIN server and SM are communicating correctly via entity links.

When a 911 call is made from remote SIP phones our main office telephone number is sent out instead of the ELIN associated with the remote SIP phone location.
911 calls route to an ISDN PRI trunk-group in Communication Mgr.
There is a SIP tie trunk between the SM and CM.
Public unknown number table entries are correctly entered for remote SIP phones.
Remote SIP phones correctly obtain their IP address from the SBCE.
Network IP map for SBCE IP address range does not have emergency location extension programmed.
We have checked all settings for Redsky/Session Manager Devconnect documents.

Test call traces show main number is outpulsed on every call.
Any suggestion were to look to resolve/troubleshoot issue.

I'm new to programming CM and am going to be implementing the E911 solution for my new job. Do any of you have an Avaya programming guide/techinical guide. I don't have the feature description guide for 6.3, I just need the guide to program system. Thanks, Melinda

Are your isdn's programmed at carrier level to allow you to send cnd/clid info? Are you able to send out DID info over same circuits?

I didn't mean to high jack post, I'm not even sure of what you mean by that as I am new to Tech Tips. I thought this was a friendly place to get help and to help others. Sorry if I am using this inappropriately. If this person had already done the programming on CM they might be willing to share info. I use CM and Session Manager, I have more experience with Session Manager than CM as I used Session Manager with Nortel Switch although I have CM too. I am just looking into programming for E911, but know features etc.. I thought maybe we could help each other.

dignoffo - Are the ELINs you are getting back being assigned to the phone registrations in Session Manager? If so I would suggest taking a traceSM capture of the call and making sure that the ELIN information is being sent to the CM for processing. If it is then the next place to look is that in ARS analysis for 11 and 911 that the call type is set to either alrt or emer. The CM uses the call type to know it needs to substitute any ELIN information in the SIP header to the FROM and CPN field in it's outgoing header, and only those two call types will get the ELIN from the Session Manager used as the calling party info.

Wanebo,

Thank you for your reply.

I can confirm that the ELIN is being assigned to the phone registration in SM.

The route patterns for 11 and 911 are programmed alrt.

Redsky requires that the public unknown number table has the ELIN entry as well.

Does it matter that the SIP endpoint is remote and routes thru a SBC?

I will make another test call using the TraceSm and post the result.

The endpoint registering in through the SBC should not matter since the registrar is still the SM.

The ELIN must be a configured station on the CM also otherwise the CM will discard it and send the station DN. Make sure you configure the ELIN number as a virtual station at least. If you can't look at the ELIN number by entering a "change station <ELIN>" command the CM will not send that number.

I don't have much experience with e911 and the public side of things, but from all the notes I've read, it seems to play more with SIP trunks than with ISDN trunks.

I'm not saying it doesn't exist, but I haven't seen an integration where the phone goes through SM to CM and CM uses that information put out in an ISDN trunk where it would normally do ELE from the network map or station form.

E911 Issue Update:

We resolved the ELIN issue by adding an ARS entry for 11 and 911 in location 1. Previous routing for 11 and 911 calls were routing to an ARS All table. There is a setting in Session Manager admin that selects location based routing to send out the correct ELIN thru the public unknown numbering tables in CM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back