Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Remote Server Info File????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ladyborg

Programmer
May 11, 2002
US
I have a friend that needs me to take over his site. He's been logging on with DW, but doesn't know how :eek:\.....All he does is hit "connect", I know all that info is in his site's definition under "remote site" info, but is there an easy way for him to email me a file with all the ftp info? That would save us both a lot of trouble.

Thanks in advance for any hints or help.

ladyborg64x64.gif
Ladyborg
"Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up." [Thomas A. Edison]

yes he can do something called typing it up in the email!

how hard can it be for him to type up the ftp address, username, password and if there is a different port number.

<signature>
sometime you just gotta say &quot;WHAT THE @#*% !!&quot;
</signature>

he can export his site definition and send it to you....and you would then do the opposite of export! ;-)
All the best!

> need more info?
:: don't click HERE ::

I would rather he export the site info because he can't remember the password! All he does is hit &quot;connect&quot; remember?

Will site definition exporting include the password? How does he export site definition info?

ladyborg64x64.gif
Ladyborg
&quot;Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.&quot; [Thomas A. Edison]

Thanks!

ladyborg64x64.gif
Ladyborg
&quot;Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.&quot; [Thomas A. Edison]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back