Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Remote reset or release of trunk port via WinSPM

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikedphones

Vendor
Oct 11, 2005
US
Happy new year all.

Once of our customers seems to have line one (slot 1 port 9) in use and lit. No one is on site for a few days and I am wondering if I can reset the trunk port remotely via WinSPM or from a command line in Monitor. As you all know, I cannot do a restart unless idle, and I cannot seem to busy out/restore the trunk port. I was considering a slot reset, but I have had issues on this system with certain vintage 10DP phones making a ticking sound if they system doesn't come back up right, so I was trying to avoid that. Any thoughts? Otherwise I will advise them to wait until they are able to go back in.

Thank you

Can someone on site pull the modular plug out of the trunk port, which will drop batter, and should release the trunk?

That ticking sound is usually related to power. You may have a failing power supply or you may have too many digital phones connected to a single cabinet. If you cannot busyout and restore the trunk port the next step (in my opinion) would be to power cycle the system with that port unplugged.

BY ALL MEANS! avoid resetting slot one remotely. the result will be to require an immediate site visit to restore your customer's service.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back