Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Remote recording of Announcements

Status
Not open for further replies.

evilScooby

Technical User
Jan 9, 2004
GB
Im stuck with this one and I think I have tried everything I can think of to get it to work.
We need it to work as we have the potential to lose a client of this relativly simple process.

Initial thoery was to setup a vdn routing to a vector which had a pin code check then would force them through to the feature access code for recording announcements and the specific announcement needed.
Its an outbound call centre with many clients so this client has to be forced to only record certain files hence why im stuck using this long winded method.

Anyway, that method doesnt work, you cant seem to route to announcement FAC and announcement extension. I have tried putting in a pause and it still doesnt work.
I haved checked COS and COR and they are correct.
I use this method for service observe so I do know you can route to a FAC and agent/vdn etc but im not sure why its failing with the announcement FAC.

I have also thought about routing the vector to a station which is call forward, but it wont let me callfoward to a FAC, and also thought about sending station to cover, then cover path with remote coverage , then remote coverage with an abbreviated dialling list entry which is FAC and announcement. Must be the longed method EVER but it still doesnt work. I get engaged for some reason. :-(

Someone please help and through me some suggestions, no matter how small.
My head hurts :(

Have you tried having them dial through the remote access?

Edgar Clemente

Along with remote access you might try and give their particular login a COR only related to specific announcement extensions. Meaning announcement 1234 will have for 2 and for that remote access section the cor is 3, while all you other announcement extenstions have a cor of 5.

Yeah the remote access does work fine with this but that gives them access to potentially do what they want on the system which is what im trying to avoid.
If there is another way around this im open to suggestions, but I dont think the client will let them use it due to security risk.

There must be a way around this. Its driving me mad.

hmm hmm hmm

are you using VAL boards?
what i have done in the past (for my own purposes) is to record a .wav file on my laptop and use VAL manager to upload the file.

is it possible for you to carry this a few steps further and allow the client to upload a .wav file to your network and have a script pick it up and upload it to the VAL board?

obvoiusly they would need to save in the correct format (CCIT u-Law, 8 Bit Mono) and match the VAL ann filename exactly, but perhaps this could get around the remote access quandry.

just a thought

Good suggestion :)

I had thought about that.
We werent sure about giving them ftp access to the site, but it was a possibilty, the only thing was they might change this announcement a few times a night on occasion and nobody would of been in to upload it.
So the script thing sounds good. Do you have any more details or an example?

Only other issue with VAL board is the ethernet port seems to lock up sometimes if you havent used it in a while and you cant get on val board until you reset it.

evilScooby,

if you have r12+, you can try to do this crazy trick with ec500. create an extension with console permissions and restricted in any other way -- no dial out, no dial to any other extensions, nothing. then, setup its number in an off-pbx-telephone station-mapping and fill in the "idle appearance select" feature access code and finally set up some did number on "change telecommuting-access" screen. this way your customer would get a kind of dial-in to the system with all the rights of an ordinary extension, including the ability to record announcements.

Dwalin that ec500 thing sounds quite funky. I will give it a go later.

I have managed to kinda get round this by cheating and using remote access.
But using remote access as the route to number in the vector.
i.e. route to number - remote acess+pin + FAC + announcement number
That way it routes them straight to the announcement and they cant do anything else with remote access :)

Have you tried IP Softphone? Assign a number that has all the permissions you need. When necessary lauch IP Softphone dial the record access code as if you were on site. This way you can control the usage by security code.

I use this for disaster situations along with voicemail. I log in with the softphone and log into a split which causes the call center to play a message that there is a situation and follow your standard instructions. If I log into split A there is a weather problem (Snow, Hurricane ETC) I log into split B there is a building problem. Once the situation is defined I then dial the record accesscode and update the message either A or B with further instructions or play an All clear.

Hope this helps
ED

1a2 to ip I seen it all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back