Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Remote reboot windows

Status
Not open for further replies.

wwgmr

MIS
Mar 12, 2001
US
Hi all,

Having trouble finding a script that can run in windows to have system reboot and log back into windows under same user from remote location. I am wondering if it is possible to do this with the need for the user name and password. As I want to keep this information private for user.

Thanks for any help

Try using netop ( ). It doesn't come free with anything but it will allow you to do what you want. There is a trial version if you wish to try it out first.

Not sure if you knew this or not, but you can restart the workstation in a Remote Desktop session by going to Start -> Run and typing "shutdown -r -f" (without the quotes).

When the system comes back up to the username/password prompt, you can still connect over Remote Desktop to see the login screen. You don't have to be logged into the PC for Remote Desktop to connect. The only exception to this is when the PC is using a wireless connection that requires software to be running in Windows.

~cdogg
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." - Albert Einstein
[tab][navy]For general rules and guidelines to get better answers, click here:[/navy] faq219-2884

Thank you very much, was hoping it was able to be done through code. Was hoping to avoid using another version of application. Already working with some that hint that its possible if you create the code your self.

Thanks for fast reply

I need to write a batch file to execute a certain command. The command prompt the user for Y/N answer. What is the syntax so that I can automate this process. I am planning to schedule this.

Thanks in advance

This thread discusses Batch Parameters, it might help you out?

Batch parameter
thread779-279482

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back