Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Remote Procedure Call and C ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hunghsun

Programmer
Aug 25, 2002
US
I was wondering if it is possible to use c to create a job on another machine or not (such as using RPC)? I would like to run my c program on 1 machine and then at the middle of the program it spawn a job on another machine. Is this possible?

Yes it is possible. It is too complex to explain in a few lines. If you're using unix I can post you an example. Try 'man rpcgen' for more info.

I am thinking about doing it on linux and/or windows. any idea how it is done in these systems? Also, if anyone know a book/website where i can pick this up (and related stuff) i would really appreciate it. Thanks!

Hung-Hsun

Book - try Advanced Programming in a Unix Environment by Stevens. There are about 4 pages on it but the other 700 odd pages are packed with really useful stuff for any Unix programmer. Basically, there are two variants of rpcgen.

Note that debugging RPCs can be quite painful.

hi
i am also awaiting your valid information. Please tell me good information.

with regards
ravichadran.v

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back