Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Remote printing with VPN problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

swaughman

Technical User
Feb 27, 2004
GB
Have a remote user setup with VPN just to receive printing. Got this working then found he needed internet access as well. In the VPN settings unticked 'use default gateway on remote network' and internet then worked. However remote printing stopped. How do I get this working with both.

In this case, you may need to modify the routing table or create IPSec conenction. This link may help,

Can't access the Internet while using VPN Can't access the remote network after unchecking "Use default gateway on Remote Network" Can't access the remote ...

Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
How to Setup Windows, Network, VPN & Remote Access on

To clarify, I'm assuming the scenario is: remote client connects using VPN to XYZ network (i.e. where the VPN concentrator is located). Client then sends print jobs to appliance at XYZ successful, but no internet. Flip the checkbox and situation reverses. Correct ?

How is client connecting to internet - 1) via dialup connection to ISP, 2) dialup connection to XYZ modem bank, 3) broadband internet or 4) corporate network to internet connection?

Initial thought would be simply that there's an IExplorer proxy configuration in place at either the remote or probably the XYZ end. With the VPN tunnel up, internet traffic should be trying to navigate via that network adapter and the gateway it gets from the XYZ network if the remote gateway box is 'ticked'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back