Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Remote printing with FoxPro 2.6 in terminal server

Status
Not open for further replies.

heckbob

IS-IT--Management
Aug 20, 2002
CA
I'm trying to get a foxpro 2.6 app called Power Broker ( to print remotely with terminal server. It seems that because it's a 16bit app, I'm getting nowhere. Event viewer shows the print job going out with 0 bytes!!! All other windows apps print remotely. Can anyone help? The terminal server is Win2000 and the clients are Win98 and Win2000 with HP 5L printers.

Lee Jon
leejon@heckbob.com

I hate to ask the obvious, but have you contacted the suppliers of Power Broker software? Wouldn't they be the ones that hasve the most experience with the product? Wouldn't they be able to definitively answer whether this was designed into the product or simply not possible?

Based on your information, it's not even possible to guess whether this is a FoxPro DOS or FoxPro for Windows application - this is a rather important piece of information.

Rick

Sorry, its foxpro 2.6 for windows. I also had fixed the problem for a while, but now one client cannot print remotely while another can. This client is running win98 and an HP 5L.

All fixed now, I was accessing the database from a network drive in foxpro 2.6 win2000 doesn't like that!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back