Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Remote Printer Setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dem0s

IS-IT--Management
Nov 1, 2006
US
Does any one have docs that tell how to setup a remote printer in aloha? If so I would love to get a copy.

Pretty simple. Run a cat 5 cable terminated just like a standard network run from a terminal to where you want the printer. Configure the terminal and com port you are running in the Aloha Manager under the hardware/printer maintenance. You will need a DB9/RJ45 Connector and a DB25/RJ45 Adapter. Both of which can be had from your local reseller probably for nothing if they are nice.

Hope that gets you started in the right direction...

Rob

Create a printer in hardware setup, connected to a terminal and a com port. 2nd Build a printer group, put that printer in it and attach that group to the items. Items print to printer groups not printers.

Bo

Remember,
If the women don't find you handsome,
they should at least find you handy.
(Red Green)

This is the part I am not quite sure on how to do, "Configure the terminal and com port you are running in the Aloha Manager under the hardware/printer maintenance." I have not done it yet. Does it just need to be configured in the BOH or on the terminal as well?

I need a completely remote printer such as a kitchen or service well remote printer. How is the setup on this different than a com port printer setup?

Make sure to flag the "In Kitchen" option when setting up the printer in Aloha BOH.

I have pc anywhere and want to dial in to the restaurant and print reports at home. i have aloha table service (the newest version) i've been able to dial in, sometimes but never able to print.

On the host computer.
Go into preferences and add the printer you have.
You can find this information in the help menu.

1. In the pcAnywhere Manager window, on the Edit menu, click Preferences.

2. In the pcAnywhere Options window, on the Remote Printing tab, click Add Printer.

To find this tab, click the left and right arrows in the pcAnywhere Options window to scroll through the list.

3. Follow the on-screen instructions to set up the information for the printer on the remote computer.

If the printer that the remote computer uses is not listed, you must install the drivers first, then repeat this procedure.

4. Click OK.

Bo

Remember,
If the women don't find you handsome,
they should at least find you handy.
(Red Green)

Additional question on installing a printer here - I cannot for the life of me setup a kitchen printer. Here's the setup:
from Term2, I have Remote2 Printer, works fine, on Com1.
On same Term2, I have a COM2 connection to an RJ45 via a DB9/RJ45 adapter. Standard network CAT5 cable.
Printer is Epson U220B, with a DB25 port on the back. There is an existing DB25/RJ45 connector on that printer, but with only 4 pins in it. Could that be the problem??
All seems setup fine in the system, but this damn thing won't connect for anything!
any ideas??

if you have a have a ten terminal license key for aloha i'd like to purchase it. very serious inquiry. tech for three restaurants/lounges in new york. please email me at kareem@kallusion.com or thepresident@tmo.blackberry.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back