Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Remote printer Javelin LC hookup. 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 9, 2008
US
Ok I have a epson printer in the kitchen with rj45 connector, cat5 wiring to the POS. On the bottom of the Javelin LC there are 2 ser ports, which take a RJ45 jack, one LPT port going to the local printer, ethernet port, keyboard port.

I'm not sure how to connect from the wall to the back of bottom of the terminal. The terminal is running Win95 and I've not been able to see a model # on it. I can configure the terminal / printer from the BOH which is set currently to com2.

Where do I hook this up on the Terminal? I've also noticed that both the printers have an extra rj45 port on them.

Thanks.

FYI: The extra port you see on the printers are for driving cash drawers.

Thanks, that helps...

Anyone have a hardware manual for the Javelin LC unit?

** Assuming the RJ45 connector on the printer is an adapter plugged into the 25 pin female serial port on the printer, (not a network printer)
**Assuming your RJ45 jacks are punched down the same on both ends, (stright thru and not a crossover configuration)

Javelin com port to standard RJ45 wall jack:
- Standard straight thru patch cable from com port
to wall jack.
RJ45 wall jack to "DB25 to RJ45 converter" on printer
- Standard stright thru patch cable from wall jack to
adapter on printer.
Pinouts for "DB25 male to RJ45 female adapter"
2 3 7 20
Orange Black Green Yellow

"DB25 male to RJ45 female adapter" plugs into the 25 pin female serial port on the printer.

If that manual/drivers don't do it for you, call Jeff at RTG POS. They are the US operations for old Javelin products and can help you out.

Jason Johnson
J2 Retail Systems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back