Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Remote opening BST Doorphone on BCM50R6 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

koulioumbis

IS-IT--Management
May 21, 2009
GR
Hello Team,
i try to remote open a door by dialling the digital doorphone DN number when auto attendant plays the message but no success. I hear ring back tone but no answer from the doorphone. Also tried to put an additional number on the ccr tree options and when pressing i hear the one moment please prompt then ring back tone but no answer from doorphone. Any ideas?

thanks
Nikos

Dialing a Door Phones DN is to call it, not open it.
You need a DOC - Door Opening Controller (NT8B79FB) and a 24v Door Strike installed in the door jam to open the door.

If you dial the DN of a Door Phone there should be an instant connection as if you voice called it (it does not ring) to communicate with the person at the door phone.
You can only call a door phone from another set.

The DOC is to be installed by your phone system as an example.
One power pair goes to the door strike
One digital pair goes to the Door phone
The dip switches on the DOC control which single digit is used to open the door (default is 6) or press OPEN on a 2 line display.

When the door phone button is pressed, answer the call and press 6 or OPEN to activate the door strike if needed.

See the attachment below for the DOC install guide.

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

Gee thanks Wally!
It's was compliment to go with Firebirds needed guide too.

Hope all is well over and up there eh?

"The DOC is to be installed by your phone system as an example."
While I know that phone systems don't go around installing DOC's when ever they want to, I am sure you all meant what I knew.

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

Hello Team, yes i have DOC connected and opens door fine. The question is can i call main office number from mobile hear Auto Attendant press the doorphone DN and let doorphone answer? and then press the opening digit?
Scenario: Customer is outside his gate, does not want to use remote door opening with special remote control, can he dial as explained above and get the door open?
I have installed many digital doorphones both ON BCM and Norstar, these Algo beasts work fine but never did remote door opening. If it is not possible then an analog doorphone will make the trick as it is treated as analogue extension.
Thanks

Regards

Nikos

Per above
"You can only call a door phone from another set"

I forgot I had this setup before and see some programming still in my system for it.

I know you cannot forward a spare phone to the door phone then have AA point to that spare phone.

I had fooled my system to call it from outside.
The BCM is smart enough to know it's Voice Mail transferring a call so I had fooled it with a spare Analog Station port and a spare Trunk port and used DISA.
I used to have my Door Phone call a DN then put an Answer DN to that DN on all the other phones, problem was I was getting calls to my mobile from the door phone via FindMe FollowMe while I was away and sometimes just missing the call.
I ended up setting up the DISA to call back the door phone quickly.

Then I ended up using Hunt Groups as I didn't want to answer the door from say, a canoe?

-Cross-connected Analog Station X254 to Analog Trunk 062
-Set Line 062 to Auto Answer and checked the DISA box
-In Dialing Plan/Public put 254 in the Public DISA DN box
You can setup a COS password for this if needed.

Usage: Call your AA number, enter 254, wait for DISA dial tone, dial 222
I used a password and had all that in a speed dial on my mobile.

I do not have a DOC on my system so I cannot dest the open feature.

And just for cics here is how without using DISA

-Cross-connected Analog Station X254 to Trunk 062
-Put Trunk 062 into Pool B
-Created Route 702 to use pool B and to dial External number 222
-Created Dest code 702 to use Route 702
-Under DN 254 I allowed External Transfer, gave it access to Pool B and Forward ALL to 702

Usage:
Call your AA number, enter 254

Call from outside to - Line 125
AA answers Line 125
Dial 254
254 forwards to Dest 702
702 dials 222
Connection is made

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

Status