Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Remote office

Status
Not open for further replies.

tiagogama

Technical User
Apr 5, 2006
PT
I have a remote office 9150 with 2 bri cards, my douht is, if i put a bri connection with several DDI attach to the 9150, how can i manage the incoming calls direcly in the remote office

The BRI attached to a Remote office MUST be a MSN type (Point to Multi point)
It's a S0 port connected to 9150. When a call is coming, there is no DDI information, but in 9150 BRI configuration you can choose which number will ring (up to 5 number per BRI)

im not undertanding, let´s make a example if you dont mind
my isp give to me a bri interface whith msn, EX. 2211220 to 2211229, it is 9 DDI, can i put this bri attach do the rmote office 9150, and give one ddi to telephone extension ?

You can call any of your DDI number, but the DDI information is not transmitted to S0 port.

In the BRI box, you may be able to program it to have a DDI 2211220 on S0 port 1, and 2211221 on S0 port 2.

Then S0 port 1 will be attached to a BRI of 9150 and will receive 2211220 cause you program it in the BRI box for it.

S0 port 2 will be attached to another BRI of 9150 and will receive 2211221 cause you program it in the BRI box for it.

Am i clear enough?

im understanding now, can i route the call´s to the host pxb, and then make the all treat to atribute one ddi for extension.
?
Thanks

No, Calls coming on Remote office will ring sets of remote office only. Not possible to reroute it to PBX.

If i remember well, i think the call will arrive on the Local Key of 9150 set

in this case i can not atribute ddi to extension right ?

Yes,

Normal way to use BRI is a Fallback case if IP is down and use between PBX and 9150 to open a data channel and passes IP calls in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back