Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Remote monitoring of Alarms

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 10, 2002
US
Is there software "out there" that will allow the PBX to call it and report Alarms (email, pager). They had Trouble Tracker, but V6 no longer supported alarms to Trouble Tracker. We do not have a LAN, so a proxy server is not an option.

Thanks for your help.

What Definity have you ie Si CSi or Risc. Si and Risc can
activate calls via INADS which is set on system maint. Alyernetively if you are in the UK and using a tracker you
can get the tracker to do this.

I have 93 sites with every flavor of Avaya PBX's. I know about the callout on the inads line. We have set up a PC to autoanswer the received call. We can see what alarm is being reported. With out the acknowledgment returned to the PBX, it will keep calling. I also need to page someone upon receiving an alarm.

There is a product called HeadsUp by Utilcall. Here's what it says about the product, I have never tried it so I cannot say if it is good or not:

"This tool will give administrators the ability to receive Error, Alarm, and Event reports via email, with the option of choosing which fields they would like to download in order to get their report to fit on their desktop, PDA, RIM, Cell Phone or any other device."

It has a 10 Day Free Trial and can be found at the following address:

They also have a product that I have tried that is called Call Flow Extract where it will pull all your Vectors, VDN, Announcements, CORs, Agent ID's, Vector Events, Hunt Groups and put it inot an HTML format, all info on in an easy to read/access format. Very useful.

Avaya uses this option for maintenance. As soon as the Definity has a failure it reports to a system that then dials in again (expert system)to do some maintenance.

This system knows almost all the commands and if it cannot solve the problem, the service personell is informed.

If you are an avaya business partner you can buy a service span agreement and offer this to your customers.

If you want to report faults of your own Definity you can use ASA or DSA to reports alarms to you by email.

Go to "fault and performance""and configure "monitore alarms" Plan your work............Work your plan

[afro]

If you put a phone\pager number in the

Second OSS Endpoint:

under cha sys maint.

wouldn't it call you if there was an alarm? Maybe you could have it call a vector tha routes to a pager (you would need the space for the pauses). Or maybe call a DID and run a conversant script. if you had it call a cell, and had caller id you could label it "phone alarm" and when it called you, you would know there was a problem?

Just some thoughts

RTMCKEE

Sorry I just reread the post and see where your already doing what I suggested....

RTMCKEE
<crawls back under rock>

Avaya Site Administration will do it for you. You will need a PC and either a IP connection or Data Module and then
e-mail client. Then an pager that receives e-mail.

1) Setup the ASA to pole the PBX for alarms. You can set it to pole as often as you want to.

2) You can configure what alarms you want to get on your pager. ( You will only receive the alarm one time because it has been flagged as reported.

Let me know if you need any more info.

Can you send teh emails to more then one email address through asa

José

Please let me know if this was helpful

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back