Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Remote Moderated Meet Me Bridge & FNE

Status
Not open for further replies.

danisrael

IS-IT--Management
Jan 29, 2013
US
In our config, Meet Me Bridge attendees hear MOH until the moderator connects from a matching extension. This all works great, except when the moderator needs to be remote using a standard dial in (not the OneX Mobile App). I created a module in the VMpro (9.1.12) that would allow a user to call in from their twinned number and routes to a shortcode that calls FNE 18. This gives them dial-tone and they can dial their bridge as if they were internal.

However, I would like to automate this to make it easier and more secure. I would like in my transfer process (from the voicemail pro) to push the bridge number with the FNE shortcode. For this example:

SHORTCODES
FNE

4xxxx
Conference Meet Me
N

Since I know the bridge number and they've already authenticated, I would like my transfer to do complete the entire process. But for some reason, it will not dial past the FNE dial tone. What am I missing here?

Only option I can think of would be to transfer to FNE using a whisper action with auto answer and enter the conference data by playing DTMF tones as WAV into the call.

Other option could be to create a phone book entry at the mobile phone dialing into FNE followed by some commas, then meet me short code (like #66/MeetMe/E). Probably the easier way.

derfloh, can you elaborate on building a shortcode that will pass these. That's what I can't seem to get to work.

In the mobile they want to join from set a speeddial of 02071234567,,4xxxx.

The 02071234567 number on the ICR should point to a shortcode that points to FNE31, so for example if your shortcode was 777N FNE, N, then in the ICR the destination would be 77731.

The ,, adds two seconds of pause after dialling the 02071234567 number, this should be enough time to have had dial tone returned to you so that the 4xxxx is dialled as from the phone system.

If ,, doesn't work try ,,,

| ACSS SME |

So in the VMPRO module I have a TRANSFER to "77731,,,46701" (46701 being the shortcode for the bridge). The mobile user receives the dial tone, and can manually dial 46701, but the IPO seems to drop any part of the string past the 77731.

create a SC that dials
77731D46701
that may work
or use the Y instead of D

Joe W.

FHandw, ACSS (SME)

"This is the end of the world, make sure to buy your T-shirt before it is too late"
Original expression of my daughter

My solution doesn't require VM Pro. You enter the DDI assigned to the FNE service into the contacts onto the mobile, followed by the pauses and the shortcode for the conference bridge.

So the contact entry in the mobile will be 02071234567,,,46701.

When this is called from the mobile, it dials the IPO and gets dial tone back as the DDI points to FNE service 31. The pauses in the contact allow the dial tone to be received before the 46701 is dialled by the mobile, thus treating it as an internal system call from the registered extension for that mobile number and so transfers you to the conference bridge.

| ACSS SME |

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back