Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Remote Media Gateway Monitroing via ASA 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

telcomwork

Technical User
Mar 2, 2002
US
I have a S8300 LSP in Detroit that is running of my S8710 server pair in PA. What are useful commands to see the how media gateway is handling the connectivity from the S8710 in PA since the only time the S8300 comes into play is in LSP mode.

Can you also define what are max numbers to be on the look out before adding hardware or what have you.

S8300 is CM3.1.1
S8710 is CM3.0.0

Also cna you tell me what type of packets I can taq and prioritize that the media gateway is sending over the network?

Don't know if this will help you.
I use 'list Media' to check for registration of the gateways and 'list sur' to check the LSP's

D.:)

telcomwork,

if a media gateway becomes unregistered, cm will throw an alarm. wouldn't it be enough to check?

I was looking more for performance like RTP streams or packets, ... I been use st medai-g but the list sur I haven't for general troubleshooting.

Thanks for replying!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back