Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Remote manager managed server list

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carboloy

MIS
Jun 24, 2002
US
Hi All.

For some reason one of our Netware 6 servers are not showing up as a manageable server from the managed server list in Remote Manager. However, if I just type in the server name in the address field I have no problem getting into the server. Even from that server, it doesn't show itself in the managed server list. What would cause this one server to not show up in the list?

Thanks,
Ed

Do you have SLP configured on your server in question? I believe it generates that list from an SLP query.

On the server console, do this:

DISPLAY SLP SERVICES PORTAL.NOVELL

And see if the server shows up in the list. That will at least give you a place to start.

Ah, yes.. Just looked it up..

NetWare Remote Manager Servers Help

Use to access any of the servers that are displayed in this list. To access a server, click the server name.
The list is built using the NetWare Service Location Protocol and shows only NetWare servers that have PORTAL.NLM loaded on them.

Marvin Huffaker MCNE, CNE
Marvin Huffaker Consulting

Thanks, that worked. The SLP scope list wasn't defined..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back