Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Remote management of IIS using "PC Anywhere"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ghost

MIS
Oct 5, 1999
CA
Pardon my newness to the IIS world. The system I am inheriting has a remote access tool called PC Anywhere that crashes the web server every time you exit the session. Has anyone else experienced this, or know what we should look for to try to troubleshoot the problem? (We've already tried reinstalling PC Anywhere on the server, with no change to the crashing.) Thanks for the help.

Have you installed the latest PC Anywhere patches as well as the latest NT Service Pack? We use this on all our NT servers (running both IIS 3 & 4) and have never had the problem. We applied the latest patch from Symantec to correct other issues, maybe that is the reason.

We're running PC Anywhere 32 Version 8.0. And yes, while we are running NT 4, we do need to re-install the latest service pack. Is Symantec's patch released for 8.0 users? Thanks.

Yes, and I would suggest d/l'ing from the web rather than using live update; I've seen problems with it. In fact, while you're there you should get the live update 'update' (kinda redundant, huh? <G>). Let me know your progress; I'll try to help if I can.

We are using PC Anywhere sucessfully to administer NT 4.0 boxes with IIS 4.0, Svs pack 4 etc.. PCA seems more stable after "Live Updating" to v. 8.02.. IMHO only.<br>
<br>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back