Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Remote Management log? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

drakkar

MIS
Apr 4, 2002
US
Hey all,

I've noticed 2 users in the last 2 days that have had this issue. They are in a word document and someone else is typing over their text from a different computer.

We only have certain people with access to remote control, and I don't believe it's any of them.

Is there a log that gets generated by Zen that can be checked to see who has remoted controlled a computer and when?

Thanks,
Chris

You should be able to see that from the workstation in question. I believe it's a right-click option on the ZEN icon running in the tray area (by the clock)

Marvin Huffaker, MCNE

Yes, I was able to do that.

However, because I'm at a school I can't always make it to the computer in time and was hoping that a log gets generated.

Chris

No, what I meant was, it should show a history, not just the live connection. You might not be able to catch it in action but you should be able to see a list of people that have been on there.

I'm not sure if there is an option for reporting this from a server leve.

Marvin Huffaker, MCNE

According to a newsgroup thread RC logging is captured and stored as part of the ZW Inventory database.

in console 1
go to pc in question
right click - do the diags
read the event logs - it tells you when it is being remoted

Terry,

Thanks for the info!!!

FYI, the logs show up under Operating System\Event Log\Application.

Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back