Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Remote Mail 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kpoyser1717

Programmer
Apr 5, 2001
US
I am trying to Use Microsoft Outlook from my laptap to
access my e-mail account from our Microsoft Exchange Server
at our work place. It uses a POP3 protocol. I am having
a problem with getting connecting. It advises my user name
and/or password is invalid. Can anyone assist on getting
my password /username to be accepted. I use AOL as my
internet connection. I don't want to log into AOL first, use to use AOL as my server to connect to the Microsoft
Exchange Server

You would have to log into AOL. AOL is not good for what you are trying to do. It doesn't support Outlook.

I think your main problem is that you are attempting to log into a company "Private" network (INTRAnet) via a "Public" (INTERnet) service provider/access.

If your company Outlook email is protected behind a firewall, then you would need a way to validate your username/password to be allowed through the firewall to the company/private mail server(s).

Though you could possibly use a VPN client to create a secure/encrypted 'tunnel' from the INTERnet your company would have to be setup with the same VPN service and provide you the necessary security to login. The few VPN clients that I have used do not co-exist well with AOL, therefore I have never been able to use any these while using an AOL internet access, so I don't know if it would work.

Thanks DomiKnow, I even tried using Earthlink as my
ISP

Earthlink has Outlook Express 5 loaded into their
package.

I can access the Exchange Server that is at work
from my laptop using Microsoft Outlook Web Access,
but I am trying to Use Outlook Express 5 without
first getting into my ISP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor