Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Remote Logout 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

fundooguy

Technical User
Apr 3, 2002
US
Hi,
Can anybody guide me how to logout an agent ID in EAS environment remotely. Suppose you are the administrator and you want to logout an agent from a station from your desk without going to to agents phone. Is it possible to do so??

Depends what version of Definity you are on.
If you "display feature-access-codes" and look near the bottom of page 4 (v10) you should see an entry for:
Remote Logout of Agent Access Code: #99

If you put a valid code in here (eg #99) then when you dial the FAC #99 you will get a dialtone (eventually) then you can enter the agent ID you want to logout. You will get 3 beeps confirmation.

Hope this helps,

Ronster

Thanks Ronster and Keith !
I have rv9.5. Both ways worked well.

i have also r9.5, but it doesent work.
do i need console permissions ?

With best regards
Callmaster

Is the ability to "Busy and Release" a station a feature that any Super-User Customer login should have or are you required to obtain Maintenance Permissions from Avaya to do this?

Busyout and release can be performed by a super user.

To use remote logout you need to change COR and set "Remote Logout of Agent?" (on page 2) to Y.

Hope this helps you Callmaster.

Ronster

ah okay, thanks ronster ... !

With best regards
Callmaster

To follow up with this thread...
Can a Logged in Agent, set up with the proper COR, also remotely log out another agent?

We have some supervisors who are logged in as Agents, but they need this feature. It doesn't seem to work for me so I am wondering if I am missing something. I am on a Def. G3r Rel 10.

Thanks,
Perry

You cannot remotely log out an agent from a station that is currently logged in as an agent.

ps - It would be easier for other forum members if, in the future, you start a new thread with your problem, rather that restarting a thread that has been closed for two years. Thanks for understanding!

Susan
"'I wish life was not so short,' he thought. 'Languages take such a time, and so do all the things one wants to know about.'"
- J. R. R. Tolkien, The Lost Road

Nicely worded... :)
Thanks for the help. I completely understand. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back