Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Remote Login SEB II

Status
Not open for further replies.

gerbertim2

Technical User
Mar 6, 2014
US
I'm having trouble trying to log on to our PBX remotely. Its an option 11c that is usually administered via tty terminal on the top floor of the building and frankly its getting old running up there to enable a DN. The problem I'm having is getting the password to the modem. My supervisor doesnt have it and the phone company who I assume remotely did some things has been no help. Is there a way to recover the password of the SEB II? I seen where I would need the password to put another modem in its place, is this true? Is it the port that is password protected? I'm new at this and I dont expect the company will train me at all so any help you guys could give me is greatly appreciated!

You can put a plain old US Robotics modem or similar on the same port that isn't password protected.

If you replace the SEB, the vendor that is looking after your system may not be able to receive alerts when you have issues (circuits dowm, power outages, as well as software errors etc) So it might be in your own interest to push them to give you the access password before you resort to putting in a regular modem.

I haven't done anything yet and you make a good point. I will call them back. Thanks!

I put a laptop on our opt11 with procomm. then i just remote desktop into the laptop. Of course you will need that computer networked.

That's a great idea and I have all the stuff to make that work. Thanks that's brilliant

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back