Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Remote IP Teleworker Physical Telephone options 7975/7965 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MitelInMyBlood

Technical User
Apr 14, 2005
US
I have a user wanting a physical instrument (7975) with multi-line capabilities for a remote teleworker application. I've suggested the CIPC soft phone, but the end user insists on having a physical hard phone. I've been successful in configuring a 7942 for remote IP teleworker use, but can't seem to get this to work with either the 7965 or 7975. I've been unable to find any documentation on this, so wonder what others' experiences are and/or what's necessary. I know I can do it over a Lan extension with an ipsec 881 router, but would like to be able to do it on the cheap with just the phone & a power brick and let the end user connect it to his own DSL router. Thx.

Original MUG/NAMU Charter Member

Thanks Whykap. Appreciate the link.

We are using an ASA w/anyconnect licenses. So perhaps my question wasn't clear. We have this configuration working (perfectly) with 7942 model instruments, but haven't been successful in getting it to work with a 7945, 7965 or 7975. This was initially set up for us by the VAR during initial system rollout. With it working on the 7942 but no other model set we're obviously we're missing something. Hopefully the documentation will shed some light on this. Thanks again.

Original MUG/NAMU Charter Member

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back