Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

remote insight 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

nummus

Technical User
Jul 8, 2001
GB
Hi,

Does anyone know what the default login and password is for the lights out boards, i've just taken over a couple of servers and cant get into the RILO board. I dont think theyve ever been used so am assuming they will have just been left with default settings

Thanks in advance.

Default user is 'Admin'
Default password will have been on a tag attached to the board when it arrived. e.g. Q3KE or Q3TN or similar.

Two ways to set:-
1. Hit F8 at server bootup and go in and set passwords
2. Use the RIB control panel, on Compaq web site somewhere.
Put the rib.cpl in windows\system32 and this will allow you to access the RIB, set name, passwords, IP etc.
You will have to have the remote insight and system mgt. agents installed to get this to work.

Neill

Thanks mate, i cant reboot these systems easily so the RIB controlpanel sounds ideal.

Does anyone know how to get this functionality to work on the G3 servers? I get an error when trying to run RIB.CPL on DL360 G3's, saying that CPQRIB.SYS is not installed. The RIB in these servers doesn't use this driver, so presumably this is why it is not working....any suggestions?

Only thing I can see SP23511 which is the lights out config util v2.20.

However this appears to be some sort of remote command line util not a GUI.

Guess Compaq have decided not to allow us to have the same functionality with the new boards as we did with the old. Thanks much Compaq.
Actually I can see one reason not to have it if you are paranoid in that the GUI lets you add users etc. if you can get to the server console. But if a user can do that then who cares about them being able to add users etc.
Weird.

Was anyone able to confirm if the RIB.cpl has support for the Ilo boards.
CPQLOCFG is a DOS based utility.
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back