Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Remote ICA clients cannot find server. 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

tpulley

MIS
May 2, 2001
US
I have several remote clients (15-20). Of these I have two who cannot connect to the Citrix server. They both could at one time. The only thing I can nail down that changed is that one of the users went to an external modem. Platform is Win 2K, users are all 95/98/Professional.

I tried to uninstall the ICA client to "start over" thinking maybe some .dll may have gotten corrupted. Didn't fix it. As a matter of fact when I went to do the reinstall it retained alot of information. I then tried to uninstall and also clean out the registry for references to citrix, or ICA. Did another install, sure enough it detected things like the computer name (I chose something other than the one the computer was using for a test), it also retained the ica client info (where you would add an ICA client). The installs go without a blemish, just cannot seem to overcome this problem. This happens day or night the number of users on the network does not matter. Any ideas????

Thanks

I have just solved the problem.

Actually that was a terminal server CAL issue.

If you have Win2000 domain or mixed mode domain the Citrix servers connot find a license server. BTW, for Win2000 domain it must be set up on a domain controller.

You would need to edit the Registry on your Citrix servers:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\TermService\Parameters

Add the following value:
Name: DefaultLicenseServer
Data type: REG_SZ
Data value: ServerName

Good Luck.

It Worked, the additional entry in the firewall to corrospond to the non winsock clients did the trick. the error messages aren't real helpful and we spent a lot of time looking at citrix and MS terminal CAL issues when it was really a path or connection issue.Using TRACRT to confirm the path and ip's at each end was very helpful.
Citrixsux- can you give a bit more detail on your issue now mines working I may be able to help.

Hi all, I need HELP!.
I have a similar problem. My clients cannot see my published apps from the internet, but they are able to access from the intranet. the error message we get is "The Citrix server is not available. Please try again later.". I've tried to work with both old fashion publishing and NFuse, but neither is working. FYI, my IIS server and Citrix server run on different box with win2k o/s. I dont have a problem with licencing, I have plenty enough. Thanks for your help.

JK

I have found that in order to have users connect to published apps (across the Internet) I had to connect via a desktop (using the users logon) get the properties infomation from the Target information and Start in information fields(right click on the published icon on the terminal server desktop) cut and paste Target and Start in information into a new connection ( using the Add ICA client wizard). Use the server not the application option. In the Application field paste the Target information, and in the Working Directory field paste the Start in information. Works great for me...

If I have made this seem difficult it really isn't. Took me about 2 mins to create a published Word icon (so I could remember the field names).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back